Let’s Talk Beauty for a Sec… February 3, 2019
For Beautiful Eyes, Look For The Good In Others; For Beautiful Lips, Speak Only Words Of Kindness; And For Poise, Walk With The Knowledge That You Are Never Alone. – Audrey Hepburn
Many of the questions I receive from women are surrounding beauty and products that I love and take with me while traveling. I’ll start by saying that only recently have I become interested in makeup and beauty products, but for the majority of my adult life, my interest has never really been in makeup or products to make me maintain proper skin tone, youthfulness or prevention of wrinkles. I’m a firm believer in getting at least 8 hours of sleep each night, working out daily, and drinking at least 2 liters of warm lemon water a day, but as I get older (currently 28), I realize that I do need to take better care of my skin. While I’ve got the workout and health/wellness part down, I tend to neglect aspects about my appearance that most women spend the most time on; skin, hair and nails. I’m going to share with you my daily routine whether or not I’m traveling, that I’ve found to be useful.
- I’ll either cleanse my skin with simple, cold water or either Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream or Aveda Kinetics Cleanser. This was my first and last step on the Expedition, as I wasn’t able to afford any other fancy products and quite frankly, my skincare routine was the last thing on my mind. But these days, after my morning cleanser, I will incorporate the below in addition.
- Next, and more recently I’ve found that I need to use a hyper-pigmentation brightening serum. Failing to use sunscreen on my face over the years has lead to hyper-pigmentation and the Murad Rapid Lightening Serum has really helped to reduce if not eliminate dark spots.
- Because of the above, after I cover my face with the lightening serum, I apply this Cicapair Tigergrass color correcting lightening sunblock to my face, which, though expensive, is very light and effective.
- As if the above wasn’t enough, since I don’t really get much color on my face from the sun, I’ll use the Dr. Haushka Bronzing Tint for some color. On a typical day, this is all I’ll have on my face. However, for days were I have a shoot or meetings, my makeup routine will follow.
- I’ll start with the Dior Perfect Mousse Foundation. This is the lightest ever foundation I’ve ever felt or seen, and I’ve been sticking with it. I hate coating my face with a thick foundation, so this is a great option because it’s not only light, but very effective at coving up dark spots and giving off a smoother looking complexion.
- Then, I’ll contour with the Hoola Benefit Bronzer. I’ve been using this bronzer for years, even during my Expedition, and just love the color and feel.
- Blush, I’ll actually use a few dabs of Burts Bees Rhubarb Lip Shimmer
- Then I’ll color in my brows with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow in Caramel using the Anastasia 14 brow brush
- For eyeshadow, I love the Nude Drama Palette by Bobbi Brown
- Since high school, I’ve rarely switched up my mascara and continue to use the Maybelline Great Lash in Very Black
- I’ll then curl my lashes with the Tarte Eyelash Curler
- Finally, I’ll highlight the cheekbones and brows with the Verineil Desert Marble Glow by & Other Stories
- And for lips, I love a mocha brown color, but will also use coral or red tones depending on the day. No great preference for brands when it comes to lipstick
- The nighttime routine is crucial for me. I’ll start by removing my makeup with coconut oil, then I’ll apply the Glam Glow Brightening Treatment Flash Flood mask. This mask smells amazing and it’s very light, almost acting as a scrub before cleansing. I’ll leave this on for 20-30 minutes usually while having a hot epsom salt bath and sleep tea.
- Then I’ll rinse off and apply the same Murad Rapid Lightening Serum as I did in the morning.
- If I have extra time, I’ll add under eye treatment, and one for my favorites is by Primally Pure Beauty Cream or Cold Plasma Perricone MD Eye Cream, if I’m feeling fancy.
- I’ll try as much as possible to use my NuFace Trinity to prevent wrinkles and improve skin contour.
Skincare is important, and I am a firm believe in keeping the routine as simple and clean as possible. I’m not a product kind of gal, but as I’ve gotten older, I have found them to be fun to play around with, though few have actually helped.
Let me know in the comments below what skin products have worked for you!
Leave a Comment